Crash to desktop when playing animation in sequencer

I’m triggering a sequence in my level, and when that sequence hits an animation on a blueprint in the sequence UE crashes to desktop. Strangely enough it used to work fine - and as far as I know I haven’t changed anything. I’ve tried remaking the sequence, but still get the crash when the playhead reaches the animation.

This only happens in game, not in the level editor.

I get the below:

LoginId:392d136641f6fa7d6c69f69b2485aaf1
EpicAccountId:cc8e6c818b13477b948c264077916517

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 611]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_MovieSceneTracks
UE4Editor_MovieSceneTracks
UE4Editor_MovieScene
UE4Editor_MovieScene
UE4Editor_MovieScene
UE4Editor_MovieScene
UE4Editor_MovieScene
UE4Editor_LevelSequence
UE4Editor_MovieScene
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Having the same problem. Did you fix it yet?

I just fixed my problem. I had actor BP playing animation placed on map and my sequence started by playing same animation. Removing animation from sequence solved the problem.

Thanks - this helped! So I guess it’s a bug involving how the engine handles animations with the sequencer?

Thanks GregSK!
I upgraded from 4.21 to 4.22 and the game crashed on a level sequence. Turns out it is the animation track of an actor in the level sequence. Funny enough deleting that track worked, and even better manually adding back the purple animation track similar of how it was before worked as well. Took me several hours to track down why the editor crashed every time.

Yes its the animation track in my case, too.

I only put the animation track not right at the start. If you leave a few empty frames and than put the animation track, than it works in my case.