Tested on UE4.15.2, UE4.15.3, UE4.16 - same problem.
- We have landscape with spline (screenshot_1) - normally resaving
- Add new spline segment (screenshot_2)
- Trying to save… Calling FPropertyLocalizationDataGatherer from UPackage::Save (SavePackage.cpp) (screenshot_3)
- Continue Saving… And we have an error “stackoverflow” (screenshot_4)
- Trying scroll stack and show object name (top: screenshot_5 & bottom: - screenshot_6)
Seems like mechanism trying to gather localization data. Funcctions is recursive process spline segments and overflow default stack size on 2000+ segments.
Current solution can be:
- Split spline on ~1000 segments
- Compile Editor with large stack
- Disable localization (comment line on gather localization from saving package)