Crash on loading my project in 4.6

I’m getting a crash when trying to load my project in 4.6. I had been working in 4.6 with my project last night, and it wasn’t crashing. Here is the callstack:


Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Assertion failed: Field [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.6\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Collision\CollisionProfile.cpp] [Line: 363]

KERNELBASE + 37901 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 3092333 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1597672 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1479042 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 11681666 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 11629203 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 14155613 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 6250867 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 394351 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 394046 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 394046 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 394046 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 1592305 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 1478354 bytes
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::PreInit() + 9130 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.6\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1281]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 236 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.6\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:110]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.6\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.6\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Hi Breakobs,

Could you also zip and post your LOG and DMP files? You can follow the directions in the link below to find them.

Also, do you remember exactly what you were working on/changed before you project started crashing?

Log and DMP files

I was fixing bugs in my MyCharacter blueprint, as well as a ladder blueprint. Thanks for taking a look!

Could you also post a copy of your DefaultEngine.ini file?

You can find it in your project folder here: YourProjectName\Config\DefaultEngine.ini

link text

Sure, here you go.

Hello, by any reason, did you modify this struct data?

FCollisionResponseContainer. It’s not finding the channel correctly.


I didn’t modify any code, but I did create a new collision type through project settings, I believe, during my last work session. Does that answer your question?

Hi Breakobs,

We haven’t been able to reproduce this in-house yet, would it be possible to get a copy of your project? Just upload it to dropbox, googledrive, etc. and send me a link directly by private message on the Forums.


I have the same problem in 4.6 preview. Everytime i create a new trace channel the editor crashs if i reopen the editor.

Assertion failed: Field [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.6\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Collision\CollisionProfile.cpp] [Line: 363]

After deleting the DefaultEngine.ini i can open the editor again.

This seems to be a great temporary solution. Thank you!

We’re glad you got back into your project.

I just wanted to let you know that I downloaded your project and I could easily reproduce the crash. We are still going to be looking into the cause of the issue. We’ll post back as soon as we can.

I had a similar issue when adding a collision channel. I looked at the generated ini file and saw the default channels were added to the ini even though they weren’t changed so I deleted them. I found that deleting the default channels from the defaultengine.ini fixed it (i.e. only have the new channels)

Hi Breakobs,

I just wanted to let you know that I entered this as JIRA UE-5807 in our tracking software and our developers will be looking into it further.



Editing collision by hand in .ini - no issue.

Editing collision via editor - crash.

Compared to previous ini file - only large difference was added UI and DefaultProjectile references.

Removed the following line from DefaultEngine.ini:


No longer crashes.

So DefaultProjectile is the culprit, for me at least :slight_smile:

Interesting, this also fixed my project as well. Thanks!

We are glad you found a workaround. We’ve done some testing with your project and this issue has been fixed in our latest internal build. You should see it corrected in a future update.