Crash on compile Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000138

i recently imported a few assets and blueprints from another project and i tried reparenting them, THIS DIDN’T WORK and i deleted all these blueprint classes but the crash still happens

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000138

UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_HotReload
UE4Editor_HotReload
UE4Editor_HotReload
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_HotReload
UE4Editor_HotReload
UE4Editor_HotReload
UE4Editor_HotReload
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

I’d just like to say that I’m having the exact same issue, except I was able to trigger it with c++. I was working with inheritance, so that might have something to do with it.

That also worked for me, though I’d still like to know what caused the crash

I had the same issue. Solved downgrading to 4.25.4

I have the same issue. In my case, I had an instance of my pawn’s C++ class on the map. Removing that pawn instance from the world outlier solved the issue, but I still don’t know what caused it, since I’m pretty sure I had that pawn instance before and it would compile just fine.

MY SOLUTION (5.2):

I created an empty map and then reparented the parent class.
In my case: a Blueprint Scene Component that needed to be reparented to a C++ Class (based on “USceneComponent”).

Then I closed the editor, re-opened it and opened a map with Actors using that Scene Component. No issues anymore.