Crash Import .obj Crash

Hello,
Every time I try to import a .obj into Unreal Engine 4.14.1, I get this crash message:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::GetCurrentLevel() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:5795]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FUnrealEdMisc::CB_MapChange() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedmisc.cpp:930]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FUnrealEdMisc,void __cdecl(unsigned int)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:639]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!TBaseMulticastDelegate::Broadcast() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:922]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Map_Import() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:2700]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::HandleMapCommand() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:6057]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Exec() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5538]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Exec() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedsrv.cpp:615]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::Import() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:1070]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::Import() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:1027]
UE4Editor_LevelEditor!TBaseStaticDelegateInstance::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:1018]
UE4Editor_Slate!FUICommandList::ExecuteAction() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\commands\uicommandlist.cpp:92]
UE4Editor_Slate!SMenuEntryBlock::OnClicked() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\multibox\smenuentryblock.cpp:1033]
UE4Editor_Slate!SMenuEntryBlock::OnMenuItemButtonClicked() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\multibox\smenuentryblock.cpp:993]
UE4Editor_Slate!TMemberFunctionCaller::operator()<>() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstanceinterface.h:161]
UE4Editor_Slate!TTupleImpl >::ApplyAfter >() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\tuple.h:116]
UE4Editor_Slate!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,SMenuEntryBlock,0,FReply __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:318]
UE4Editor_Slate!TBaseDelegate::Execute() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:522]
UE4Editor_Slate!SButton::OnMouseButtonUp() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\widgets\input\sbutton.cpp:275]
UE4Editor_Slate!SMenuEntryButton::OnMouseButtonUp() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\multibox\smenuentryblock.cpp:391]
UE4Editor_Slate!::operator()() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5010]
UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route >() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:215]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerUpEvent() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4999]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonUpEvent() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5462]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseUp() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5439]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1652]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:2071]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:814]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:678]
user32
user32
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:951]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2811]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:152]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32
ntdll

Anyone has an idea of an eventual fix?

Here is the folder with the .obj and the textures:

Hey Dark3DVFX,

Can you send along the OBJ and associated files(original source files like .mb or .blend files would be nice as well)? What software suit are you modeling this in?

You can PM me a download link on the forums.

I haven’t got the original project file that helped to create the OBJ but it was either done on C4D or 3DSMax.
I can open it on C4D without any problem.
You can download the OBJ file [here][1]

[1]:

Hey Dark3DVFX,

I was able to import this successfully. Can you send your import settings (with everything expanded) as well as your dxdiag info?

Hey !
Here are the files you’ve been asking for:
Download

I succeed to get a .fbx similar to this one working (dust2 map from CSGO), I guess it would work if I’m doing it for mirage as well so if you don’t find any solution, don’t worry, I’ll still be able to get something working out from this! :slight_smile:

Hey Dark3DVFX,

I was unaware that you were using Scene Import and not a standard import. I was able to repro the crash, but found that it is already entered and fixed for 4.15. See UE-35606.