Crash converting 4.7.6 to 4.8 Destructible Component in BP

Hello, I am in the process of testing some of 4.8 features. Once my 4.7.6 scene is converted, the 4.8 editor loads and crashes.

Top line reads;

UE4Editor_Engine!UDestructibleComponent::SetMaterial() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\destructiblecomponent.cpp:1402]

I opened a fresh 4.8 scene and migrated some blueprints from the 4.7.6 scene. I noticed that there is a problem (recreating the crash) with some blueprints that referenced a Destructible component. The blueprints are construction scripts, used for level design and variation, nothing complicated. Although there where some BP with destructible components working fine in 4.8.

Any Ideas to the problem or help would be greatly appreciated.

link text

It seems that in a macro, add material works for a destructible if it is the node after the set destructible node, but not later in the chain… (weird). Set material for a destructible works if added after a macro. (BP_works_2) It will crash if the set material node is added after a set destructible mesh within the construction script.

Ok, it seems if I make a new destructible component for the 4.7.6 blueprints in 4.8 it compiles and works, that is after I disconnect any ‘set material’ nodes before migrating across.

Hi Popawheelie,

Thank you for the report, I was able to reproduce this and have submitted ticket UE-16522 for this to be investigated.

Once there is a fix or any update I’ll post back here.

Thank you!

Tim

Cheers thanks Tim.

I wanted to update that this has been fixed in our internal build of 4.9.

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue. :slight_smile: