[CRASH] Blueprint Changes Everytime I Open My Project?!

For some reason, whenever I open my project, one of my blueprints changes from what I’ve saved it too.

I added two Event Graphs to the blueprint and ever since, it changes it back to this layout whenever I open the project file. What’s strange is that I NEVER saved it with this configuration of nodes, but for some reasons it changes the way they are connected together.

I make my changes (again) and save it, and for the rest of my time in the editor it’s fine.

However, as soon as I close and re-open the project, the issue is back. What’s more is that now it’s transferring into complete builds of the game. So EVEN when I do a shipping build, my blueprint isn’t compiling properly. This is monumentally frustrating because there’s no logical reason why it should be happening.

If anything, it may be related to moving the asset within folders. I was having real issues deleting some folders from my projects content browser when I moved things around, and some of those folders STILL appear in my content browser after deleting them again and again. The problem is if I delete those folders in Windows Explorer, I get reference errors when I open the project, EVEN though the folders are completely empty.

Anybody have a fix for this or experienced it? It seems to be violating the laws of sanity…

UPDATE:

A further update, after taking these screenshots I noticed that it was also re-naming the inputs on those two event graphs to just “Tick”.

I tried renaming them to “Tick In” and “Tick Out” respectively, to follow the naming convention on the other event graphs, and got an instant crash with the following callstack:

!Id:c87a4f3d7a5d659fb91c8aa4bafe74fd

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Assertion failed: SinkPin->Direction == EGPD_Output [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.2\Engine\Source\Editor\KismetCompiler\Private\KismetCompiler.cpp] [Line: 2702]

KERNELBASE + 37901 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2998748 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1620298 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1561376 bytes
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler + 463368 bytes
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler + 464323 bytes
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler + 382716 bytes
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler + 393443 bytes
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler + 345795 bytes
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler + 353005 bytes
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler + 351834 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 8448185 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 562256 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 785997 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 805319 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 461366 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 1180877 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 1080076 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 2541610 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 2673765 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 635740 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 593884 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2624989 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2558849 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2629279 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2547554 bytes
user32 + 105425 bytes
user32 + 104666 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2630294 bytes
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() + 3135 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.2\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2073]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 476 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.2\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:132]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.2\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.2\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:207]
UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

It might be worth adding that copy & pasting Collapsed Graphs also causes a lot of these crashes. Something is seriously messed up here…

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We were not able to investigate this on the engine version you reported, but there have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of the Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes.

If you are still experiencing the issue you reported in the current engine version, then please respond to this message with additional information and we will investigate as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a similar, but different issue at this time, please submit a new report for it.

Thank you

Hi Doug, here is a more up-to-date thread with the issue and some example files;

Thanks for letting me know about the forum post. I have submitted this bug to our internal tracking system for further investigation.

Cheers

Doug Wilson