Crash 4.27.2: Assertion failed: Pair != nullpt

Hello, I am running into a crash when trying to set up a character blueprint for full-body motion capture using Vive trackers and MetaHumans. My project was working fine, until for some reason the next time I opened it, upon calling my calibration function, it crashes and returns this crash report:

LoginId:c04de661438eb491a51071b2165a89c4
EpicAccountId:9cdab58c4bea44498a25332a325378a0

Assertion failed: Pair != nullptr [File:D:\RocketSync\4.27.0-17155196+++UE4+Release-4.27\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Map.h] [Line: 643]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_ViveMocapKit!UCaptureDevice::InitializeHandlesOpenVR() [D:\build++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\ViveMocapKit\Source\ViveMocapKit\Private\CaptureDevice.cpp:2323]
UE4Editor_ViveMocapKit!UCaptureDevice::CalibrateBones() [D:\build++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\ViveMocapKit\Source\ViveMocapKit\Private\CaptureDevice.cpp:4651]
UE4Editor_ViveMocapKit!UCaptureDevice::execCalibrateBones() [D:\build++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\ViveMocapKit\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc\ViveMocapKit\CaptureDevice.gen.cpp:872]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

I’ve read that this may be due to an unused or invalid variable, but I am new to Unreal and am not sure where or how to find this variable. I’ve tried deleting the Intermediate and Saved folders with no luck. Not sure if it’s due to GPU, Unreal or what… any suggestions?

2 Likes

Hi @ckostopo ,
Did you get around this, we’re having the same exact issue in 4.27 :thinking:

Did you fix it? we’re having the same exact issue in 5.01 :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like