CR Logo visible in Flyover video

Hi, I have the paid version of RC (Promo). When I use the export flyover video, the RC logo remains visible in the top right, and an RC logo flies through my object.

Is there a way to create a video without the flying logo? Or is this only possible in the 7,5k licence version?

Greetings,

Steven Verver

Dear Steven,
yes. We have been discussing it and the flying transparent one will be removed in next version for the Promo license. However, the one in the corner will still be there.

Ok thanks!
That’s a lot better.
Do you have any idea when the next version wil be v released?

I’m pretty disappointed with this and feel like the sales page is very misleading. It clearly lists the watermark under the demo version limitations, and it’s obvious the implication is buying a license removes the listed limitations.

As a hobbyist who just bought a license yesterday largely to remove this watermark, this is really not cool… Now not only is my paid license ticking away while I wait for the next version, even then there will still be a watermark in the corner.

Hi Sam

I think you posted this also on our Facebook forum, where I have given you a pretty good solution…

It was a pretty stressful release, so yes, we did not solve everything on the first run. It will be solved in the new build soon…

Thanks for the suggested solution on Facebook of re-rendering several times and stitching only the good parts of the image together to produce a clean result. Unfortunately as the corner watermark never leaves the corner, it cannot be removed by this method.

I can appreciate everyone at CR’s hard work, but please also appreciate customer unhappiness is to be expected with demo restrictions still being in place after they have paid for a license.

Wishgranter wrote:

So as read it will be solved in new build soon…

Will it? The message above says the demo restriction watermark will remain even in the next release:

michalj wrote:

We have been discussing it and the flying transparent one will be removed in next version for the Promo license. However, the one in the corner will still be there.

Hi Sam Holmes

If Michal says so, the logo up in the corner will stay there…

It is not an issue, as you can easily remove it in Photoshop or any other image editing software in 10 seconds.
I recommend you to prepare your own logo and place it there…

As good as this software appears to be, I’m seeing more reasons why I will neither be purchasing it, nor recommending it to others.

Thanks to the limitations of the demo, I am unable to see if the mesh export issues I had in the pre-release version are resolved.

Watermarking on a paid version is inexcusable.

Hi Warren Schultz

Thanks to the limitations of the demo, I am unable to see if the mesh export issues I had in the pre-release version are resolved.
= what sort of issues did you have with mesh exports? have you reported it to us?

= it will be removed in the next release.

Wishgranter wrote:

Hi Warren Schultz

= what sort of issues you had with mesh exports ? have reported it to us ?

it will be removed in next release.

Michal just said above that it would not be removed.

The issue with the exported mesh occurred on the last day of the trial, and I did not keep the bad export, believing that the demo would have some form of export. What happened was that I had a partial shell from a building interior that appeared to be fine in-app. When I exported it, it created a giant shell around the entire reconstruction region.

Last I checked, I was not able to get a mesh view in the program, only a point cloud, even after mesh and texture creation steps.

Hi Warren Schultz

The issue with the exported mesh occurred on the last day of the trial, and I did not keep the bad export, believing that the demo would have some form of export. What happened was that I had a partial shell from a building interior that appeared to be fine in-app. When I exported it, it created a giant shell around the entire reconstruction region.
Why did not you report to us that you had issues on last day of the TRIAL?

When I exported it, it created a giant shell around the entire reconstruction region.
It is best to set a reconstruction region - Bounding Box that limits the reconstruction region to a proper area.

If you want, send me the data and I will reconstruct it for you to see how it works…
Send it to milos.lukac@capturingreality.com

Last I checked, I was not able to get a mesh view in the program, only a point cloud, even after mesh and texture creation steps.
Yes, we do not use a meshing view for now, as with the current solution you CAN inspect reconstructed models with up to 50 bil tris (for now). So you can see full resolution models on almost any GPU. If we used mesh view, then you would be limited to your GPU RAM and that means to inspect say 50 milion tris model only…

flying transparent one will be removed in next version for the Promo license

Which version does the watermark off ?

The logo has been present since yesterday release only in DEMO version of RC.

Wishgranter wrote:

The logo is present from yesterday release only in DEMO version of RC

I just updated to 1.0.2.1915 and I’m still getting watermarks in my paid license version.

Hi Sam Holmes

do you have the PROMO, CLI, or full version?

Wishgranter wrote:

have the PROMO, CLI, or full version ?

Your product page lists watermarking as a demo version limitation. Watermarking is not listed anywhere as being a paid license restriction for any tier. I paid for a license and still have watermarking on the render output.

Dear Sam,
I am afraid there is a small misunderstanding. Only the Demo outputs are watermarked. The Promo version uses a logo picture in the upper-right corner of a rendered picture or exported video which is not the same as the watermark in the Demo.

There’s no misunderstanding. You brand all render output with your logo. It used to be branded twice, now it is branded once. You have limitations on the paid version of your software deliberately not listed on the product sales page.

The most astounding part is the complete lack of understanding from CapturingReality about why not having the listed demo version limitations completely removed from the paid version is offensive. It’s clear you don’t consider your lower tier customers to be “real” customers.

Dear Sam,

In view of all the comments we have reconsidered the logo policy and we have decided to remove the logo from all paid versions including promo version.

Hello,
Re-new your license (application settings\Licenses\renew button), restart the app to get rid of the logo.
Cheers