Course: Your First Hour in Unreal Engine 5.0

It was really difficult because migration didn’t work normally and it kept changing from the lecture. I think it’s an issue caused by some changes between the video and the current Learning Kit.
Anyway looking at your comment and imitating it works fine Thank you.

1 Like

Very informative, thank you.

So after creating a new level, how do you go back to the old levels? What’s the point of creating a new level instead of creating a whole new project?

Awesome tutorials btw! I just got to “Working with Visuals” so maybe you answer this in this video or the next.

Well, day 1 vid 1, so it starts.
Cheers for video.

hello I can’t find the learning kit in the search

Hey Eden67,

You should be able to find the learning kit on the marketplace here: Unreal Learning Kit in UE Online Learning - UE Marketplace

-Matt, Epic Online Learning

Thank

Actually spent a couple of hours with this Fist Hour video and having fun. Creativity seems to have no limits here, great intro course and fun to do! Cheers!

Very accessible and understandable. I have experience in 3D. And it also helped me get my bearings up quickly. Thank you so much. Thanks to you, learning Unreal is a joy!

1 Like

The “Working with Blueprints” video needs to be updated as Engine - Inputs has been deprecated. It wants us to use “Enhanced Input Actions” and “Input Mapping Contexts” instead.

i went through the tutorial and feel the change gameplaymode and change default pawm was very helpfull :smile:

how can i download the kit content if i am working on Linux?

Straight forward and easy to follow , amazing tutorial! Thanks

1 Like

Does anyone else experience a super-low and slow voice in the tutorial videos? The person speaking sounds like Darth Vader after a life-time of heavy smoking. Also, is there a way of downloading the videos to view them off-line? I’m viewing in Firefox/Linux.

1 Like

Excellent course, i am looking forward to now taking “Unreal Engine Hour of Code” as next step!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

This course was recorded in Unreal Engine 5.0, for best results we recommend following along in that version, even though it might work in other versions.

We are always working on new content. Keep your eyes peeled for more in the future.

-Joe, Epic Online Learning

The light shafts do not seem to be showing up for me while following along with the “Working with visuals” video. Any idea why?

Despite that, this has been a very good introduction so thank you.

If anyone is stuck with this tutorial with UE5.2 and the new Enhanced Input system, then I hacked around the issue by deleting the nodes from the BP_LearningKit_PlayerCharacter blueprint and copying over the nodes from the working BP_ThirdPersonCharacter blueprint.

It’s not perfect at all, but at least you can get the little guy moving about in the level.

Great re-introduction to the engine. Many thanks!

1 Like

A la hora de poder elegir el personaje que quiero utilizar en las pruebas no me aparece el ThirdPerson.

Estoy realizando el tutorial con la versión 5.2. Hasta ahora he hecho todocomo indican en los videos y ha ido bien, pero a la hora de probar FirstLevel no aparece el personaje que debería aparecer.