Couldn't Start Create Process() returned c1

My game plays in editor and builds without errors. However on run of the built executable I get the above error. Has anyone else encountered this and know what the cause is?

I have this exact same problem. I fiddled project settings (description, packaging, platform) and it started working, no idea what I did, but then all of a sudden it stopped working again.

Mine is now also strangely working. I think it might have been a problem with a plugin. Possibly EasyMultiSave as the problem cleared after I re-enabled that - though I did a few other things at the same time so carn’t be sure.

I had the same problem, I fiddled with options in the Project Launcher in my custom launch profile and it helped. Well I also deleted the “Binaries” directory in my project and rebuild them in VS, so one of those things helped, maybe both :slight_smile:

Doing the Full Rebuild worked for me.
If the ProjectName-Win64-Shipping.exe in the ‘ProjectName\Binaries\Win64’ is 0 bytes in the folder of your packaged exe, it’s because your game needs a full rebuild, check the option and repackage the game which will take longer.

1 Like

Hello!
I Had same problem as you with my development build and here is my solution for these:
The archive weighing 6 gigabytes was split by WINRAR into parts of 1 gigabyte in ZIP format(Automatically)
All this was transferred through a file exchanger in internet. There was no archiver on the computer where it was dumped. 7zip and some free archiver from the windows store and standart zip worker inside the windows 11 - spoiled the archives. unzipping everything with winrar - the problem disappeared. Perhaps this will help you - this problem is related to the damage of project files during transfer. Good luck. If the same project opens on your computer but does not open on someone else’s, the files are corrupted.

[image]

Hello, I have a similar problem. I have done several test builds and I am not aware of what I have set up differently. I didn’t set up any new plugins. When I give a full rebuild I get a million errors “Module.Projects.cpp.obj : error LNK2005: “void * __cdecl StdMalloc(unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64)” (?StdMalloc@@YAPEAX_K0@Z) is already defined in Module.Json.cpp.obj.”"