Could not find file: Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\.emscripten

My Path:

~ $ $env:path
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\WinMerge;C:\HashiCorp\Vagrant\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\CLI\wbin;C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Users\yunzh\AppData\Local\scoop\apps\go\1.6.3\bin;C:\Users\yunzh\AppData\Local\scoop\apps\python\3.5.2\scripts;C:\Users\yunzh\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Launcher\;C:\Users\yunzh\AppData\Local\scoop\apps\nvm\1.1\nodejs;C:\Users\yunzh\AppData\Local\scoop\shims;C:\Users\yunzh\AppData\Local\.meteor\;C:\Users\yunzh\.dnx\bin;C:\Chocolatey\bin;D:\Applications\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox;D:\Developer\Go\bin

you were right, I found the .emscripten file and it was in my C:\Users\yunzh directory. For some reason I kept looking for a folder and didn’t see the file was right there. I’ll take a deeper look into how it got there in the first place.

I was able to get the following result by setting $env:Home instead of $env:UserProfile

~ $ emcc -v

==============================================================================
Welcome to Emscripten!

This is the first time any of the Emscripten tools has been run.

A settings file has been copied to ~/.emscripten, at absolute path: D:\Applications\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5/.emscripten

It contains our best guesses for the important paths, which are:

LLVM_ROOT       = D:\Applications\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\HTML5\emsdk\Win64\clang\e1.35.0_64bit
  NODE_JS         = D:\Applications\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\HTML5\emsdk\Win64\node\4.1.1_64bit\bin\node.exe
  EMSCRIPTEN_ROOT = D:\Applications\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\HTML5\emsdk\emscripten\1.35.0

Please edit the file if any of those are incorrect.

This command will now exit. When you are done editing those paths, re-run it.
==============================================================================

However upon launch, the file becomes “.emscripten.save” and I get the same error again

interesting - that shouldn’t be usable on windows. but it will be easy to add to all platforms (i.e. windows, mac and linux) while also setting userprofile for windows. it wont hurt with the extra environment variable settings. i’ll have that in for 4.14.

hi,

Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-33958) says that It can’t be reproduced.

But I just get same problem.

I try to package my game that use github master branch(4.14 and 4.15) and the error indicate Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5.emscripten didn’t generated.

This bug happens when I try to use command line, but it works fine on when I use editor to do the package.

Here is the command line I use:

"C:/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/UnrealEngine/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT.bat" -ScriptsForProject="D:/workspace/UE4_project/DedicatedServerTest/DedicatedServerTest.uproject" BuildCookRun                 -nocompileeditor -nop4                 -project="D:/workspace/UE4_project/DedicatedServerTest/DedicatedServerTest.uproject" -cook -stage -archive -archivedirectory="D:/workspace/UE4_project/DedicatedServerTest_ci_build/HTML5/master/15/Development"                -package -clientconfig=Development  -ue4exe=UE4Editor-Cmd.exe                -SKIPEDITORCONTENT -pak -prereqs -nodebuginfo -targetplatform=HTML5                -build -CrashReporter -utf8output -compile

And you can find compile log [here][1]

Project I use: GitHub - dorgonman/DedicatedServerTest: UE4 DedicatedServerTest

Any suggestion is appreciated.

111553-html5_compile_log.txt (13.9 KB)

I pulled down the Master Branch myself and I was not able to reproduce this issue. Please keep in mind that the Master Branch is more likely to have bugs in it as it’s not a release branch. Please try this again in 4.13.1. If you run into this issue there, please submit a new question and link back to this one.

Thanks!

I found the root cause for my scenario. I’m using scoop which is a very nice linux styled package manager for Windows Powershell. But the openssh package was setting $HOME env var which causes the various issues I’ve experienced above. After removing the line that sets the env var I no longer get this issue.

I’ve also raised a PR with the scoop team remove unncessary setting of $HOME env var which causes other issues by yunspace · Pull Request #1386 · ScoopInstaller/Scoop · GitHub

interesting, this is a second case (that i know of) that’s causing problems with this… i will look at this issue on our side to see what can be done to help fix this problem. note: this may not get looked at until 4.17 (i’m busy with 4.16 bugs). please stand by…

note to self: