corrupted Engine

I am using UE4.27.2
Whenever I start a new project, I get several error messages. Today I opened a downloaded project and the same thing happened. I think in my learning process at the beginning of last year, I have moved some engine components out of the engine folder!

1. If I run the epic game app, select my engine (4.27.2) and select verify, will it still download the 20GB something or do the verification method without downloading the engine code again.
  2. Will I have to reinstall the engine?
    1. If I reinstall, do I have to uninstall the current installation first or will the installation happen over the existing files?

Hey @DiliupG!

Doing the verification method will not need you to download every part of the engine unless you actually removed or changed the aforementioned 20 gigs.

If this does not fix it, please uninstall and reinstall the engine via the launcher to ensure everything is downloaded and installed correctly.

Let me know if this works for you!

1 Like

OH! So I may have to download the whole 20GB after all! I was trying to avoid that! I Will do it tomorrow morning, when I have ample data available. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the support, my friend! :slight_smile:

I did the verification process, and all is ok!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.