Corridor | A High End Sci-Fi UE5.3 / 5.4 Tech Demo

Corridor is a small sci-fi tech-demo / test project of sorts to aid myself learning Unreal’s new material system, Substrate as well as using many of the latest high end rendering features on UE5-Main & 5.3 branch.

This is designed for high end systems only and is fairly heavy due to the ultra high poly nature of the environment and high density textures as well as lots of Lumen use.

Key features:

Almost every mesh / tile is an Ultra High Poly Nanite mesh with 7-30 million polygons.
In addition each mesh uses on average 4 UDIMs with 8K textures
Lots of nice Substrate metal materials
Sparse Volume Texture using the Heterogeneous Volume Actor

I’ll be updating this as I add more and as more Substrate features get added to the engine.

Controls are standard WASD for movement, F to toggle flashlight and M to toggle settings menu and hold down middle mouse button to zoom in the camera.

Download it here: Corridor by Dylan Browne

As it is built on UE5-Main expect the occasional crash.

All assets are created by myself with the exception of sounds.

I mainly deal with Cinematic and Film VFX work so be kind if performance isn’t the best haha

Footstep sounds from: Freesound - "Footsteps_Metal.wav" by jaredi

2 Likes

Hey @DylserX !

When you told the poly count I was in absolute awe. For something so high definition it only makes sense that it would be a high count. Does that mean each tile has 30-40 million or each asset such as the fan blades and grates have their own 30-40 million?

Haha most of it yes, the fan for example is less dense just because its a simple shape but it does have individual edge damage modeled etc

1 Like