Download

Copying location coordinates as a whole possible with UE4?

In UDK I was able to copy the xyz coordinates of a mesh as a whole and paste across other objects. In UE4 I can’t seem to be able to do that, which leaves me with copying one by one for each value. Is there something I’m just missing here, or is this feature no longer available? If so would it be possible to implement in a future version? It’s nothing too ground shaking, but it is a nice quality of life improvement.

I wanna know that too .

That sounds like a good idea, I’ll get it added to our todo list!

Dear JamesG,

have you already added this feature to your todo list? If yes, is it working yet?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Patric

I don’t know if there is a way to copy the entire transform (location, rotation, and scale) at once, but you can definitely copy XYZ of each as a whole by right-clicking on the property name, and choosing copy, then doing the same thing at the target but choosing paste.

This works for pretty much any property, so it’s great when you need to move an array around for example.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

Awesome, looks like that will be saving me lots of time, won’t be recreating arrays :stuck_out_tongue:

Since this post is around 3 years old I doubt the original author will see this, but for the ones like me who googled this question and came upon this, the answer is to right click the word “location” to the left of the x, y, and z values and there is a copy and paste function there.

I’m still around, and thanks for the heads up on that. =)

thanks man that’s help a lot~