When I copy a bunch of components from one blueprint to another the following errors happens:
- The names of the components are lost
- Although the locations remain correct, the hierarchy is destroyed.
- Create a new blueprint and add some scene components to it
- Give them names and nest them in some manner, e.g. like this:
- Select all the components and copy them with
- Create a new blueprint and paste the components in
- Observe they have no name and the hierarchy has been collapsed:
Thank you for reporting this issue. I’ve placed a bug into our database for this problem. For your reference, the number is UE-16680. Unfortunately I cannot provide with you any type of workaround at the moment other than rearranging the hierarchy manually.
Have a nice day,
Has there been any development on this bug? I’m experiencing the same problems in Version: 4.11.2-2946394+++UE4+Release-4.11
It’s currently marked as “To Do” so it isn’t Backlogged so it may be fixed soon, but I can’t make any estimations on when it would be. Unfortunately it’s not a very high priority issue at the moment so it isn’t getting very much attention.
As we now have a good majority of our JIRA bugs marked as public, you can see the status of this report here: UE-16680.
As mentioned before, it’s not a high priority at the moment but a fix should be coming.