Download

Copy of binaries and all loose files to another computer

Hi,

I’m working on an online game and I would like to test the feature I’m working on with the QA and game designer before submitting to our source control. My goal is too quickly iterate with them in order to tune the new feature as fast as possible. I was thinking of copying to their computer my ue4editor binary, all the relevant dll and of course all the needed loose files. It would be a long networked copy the first time, but since I’ll often share my build with the same designers, using robocopy /MIR would only copy what’s out of date therefore allowing a very rapid iteration time.

As a first try, I copied all of my engine content (source, dll, intermediate, …) to another location on my hard drive. When I launch ue4editor.exe, the process hangs forever. I don’t see any file activity using ProcessMonitor on Win7. I’m certainly missing something, but I can’t figure what it is. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all,

I tried it again on Win7 and ProcessMonitor works as expected. I don’t understand why Win8 wasn’t. Anyhow, I’m now well setup to analyze what file access are made.

The first thing I saw is that some file are open from the source location instead of the location where the engine was copied. I’ll track down how the file path was resolve by the engine.

Anyhow, any pointers from Epic would be appreciated.

Regards

Zip Up project for use in other computer.
if you have any problem for start unreal editor you can restore C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Unreal Projects\YourProject\Config
for restore use files in config folder of other project for fix bad config error.

• If you have original copy in zip is very good :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response sodrix.

Can you gave me the specific of what you include in your zip?