copy node setup from Blender to Unreal

Hi,

i would like to copy this model from Blender to UE.
when i export the material in fbx (and set path mode to copy in export settings), only the textures that are directly plugged into the principled BSDF node in Blender get exported with the model. presumably that is because UE doesn’t recognize some blender nodes or doesn’t use the same ones.

I would like to know if there is a way to copy the node setup from Blender in it’s entirity and past it into the node setup of a new material in UE.

thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Philip

@ClockworkOcean @3draven do you have any idea?

There is probably no magic bullet to get this done. The only viable way to tackle this would be to build a bridge in the form of a python script that would communicate and translate nodes from blender to unreal.

Even though I’m pretty well versed in python and c++, I haven’t had the chance to dive into blender to see how deep the integration would need to be. I’m guessing it would have to be written in the form of a plugin that would access blender’s material node section and translate it to the copied version of material nodes that unreal generates on Ctrl + C & then paste it into the material view.

You can check the blender to unreal tool to see if it tackles materials or only animations

Also many nodes in blender don’t exist in unreal so you would probably need to bake down some of them or create custom k2 nodes for materials.

You can only use the FBX to move the mesh to UE. You have to do the textures manually, and make the material.

This plugin might help

solution: procedural nodes in blender don’t work in other game engines. you have to bake all nodes into 1 (or more) individual textures.