Download

Copy Landscape splines from one terrain to another

Hi,
I need to copy some landscape splines (about 50!!!) with mesh attached from one landscape terrain to another (more hi-res), is it possible?

As far as I know it’s not possible to copy landscape splines, but you could copy and paste your entire landscape into the new map + delte the landscape -> probably the splines will stay where they are (havent tested it) :slight_smile:
Otherwise take a look at Blueprint Spline Components.

Ok, sorry for the incoming stupid question: when you say “map” do you mean “level”? :confused:

Yep into your new level (where you have your other terrain). :slight_smile:

Ok thanks, I’m going to try even if I saw that when I hide the first landscape even the splines disasppear, so I fear that It’s not going ro work… but I hope I’m wrong!
And what about trying to augment the resolution of my current terrain? What should I turn up? Just the section size? :slight_smile:

Just increase the overall resolution, but to get some more in depth information: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Landscape/TechnicalGuide/index.html#performanceconsiderations :slight_smile:

The landscape spline tool should have fully functional copy & paste functionality. It would be really nice to copy splines and paste them somewhere else, it would save a lot of time.

Joinmake, I know for sure that you can copy abd paste landscape splines in the same terrain, have you ever tried to copy and transfer landscape splines to another terrain? Thanks:)

Thanks, you solved a really huge question for me!!! Can I change the overall resoluton for an existing landscape? 'cause when I go to the Manage Landscape menu it doesn’t seem to let me change that specific parameter, :frowning:

I havent tested it, but I think it’s not possible, but you can add more component in the manage tab :slight_smile:

Well **** me. Thanks, I didn’t realize it works.