Cooking fails with "Can't load invalid package name"

Hey Guys,

first of all sorry, i know this thread is in the false topic, but i couldn’t find one that matches…

I try to cook “my” game for WindowsNoEditor and get the following error message:

LogStreamableManager:Error:      Can't load invalid package name 

I can’t find out why this is happening. I already looked into the source code to find where this message gets thrown and found the right place, but this didn’t helped me since after the error the package name (which is invalid) should be printed, but as you can see it won’t.

I searched for hours now and can’t find any solution.

Log with Stacktrace:

UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.18-21.38.13:593]  0]LogInit:Display: LogStreamableManager:Error:      Can't load invalid package name
... some warnings ...]
UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.18-21.38.13:625]  0]LogInit:Display: NOTE: Only first 50 warnings displayed.
UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.18-21.38.13:625]  0]LogInit:Display:
UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.18-21.38.13:625]  0]LogInit:Display: Failure - 2 error(s), 488 warning(s)
UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.18-21.38.13:626]  0]LogInit:Display:
UE4Editor-Cmd:
UE4Editor-Cmd: Execution of commandlet took:  28.26 seconds
UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.18-21.38.14:319]  0]LogOnline:Display: NULL: FOnlineSubsystemNull::Shutdown()
UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.18-21.38.14:319]  0]LogOnline:Display: Unloading online subsystem: Null
CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 34,0459978s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=1
Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Cook failed.
Stacktrace:    bei Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
   bei BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
   bei BuildCommand.Execute()
   bei AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
   bei AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
   bei AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
   bei AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
   bei AutomationTool.Program.Main()InnerException in AutomationUtils.Automation: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\Projekte\LivingKingdoms\LivingKingdoms.uproject; see log C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\Cook-2015.11.18-22.38.14.txt
Stacktrace:    bei AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(String ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters)
   bei Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_UnknownCookFailure
Domain_ProcessExit
copying UAT log files...
RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
BUILD FAILED

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance

Ok found the failure… it was a null reference from our item database, which should contain a mesh and there was no “null check” facepalm