Cooking fails in 4.11.1

We have updated our project from 4.10.4 to 4.11, and it will no longer cook. The logs appear normal until this happens:

[2016.04.14-17.15.28:605][  0]LogOutputDevice:Error: 
begin: stack for UAT
[2016.04.14-17.15.28:606][  0]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

[2016.04.14-17.15.28:606][  0]LogOutputDevice:Error: 
end: stack for UAT

I have attached the entire UAT log. Any thoughts?

We have exactly the same problem. Can anyone answer this question?
It happens when packaging for Android; PC build is OK; IOS not tried yet.

I have confirmed that this happens in 4.11.2 as well. This has become a major blocker for us.

Wow, not much to go on in those logs. Can you post the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Cook-2016.04.14-13.15.25.txt as well?

I don’t see any files in that directory (only a Rules directory). When I cook, a file like that appears briefly, but is deleted automatically after the cook fails.

Well, dang. That’s mysterious.

I don’t have this file either.

Same problem for me even after migrate content in a blank project :frowning:

Hello everyone,

I just now came across this post so I apologize for the delay, but could someone who is experiencing this issue please attempt packaging their project and then upload the logs from their project’s directory under Saved / Logs?

It’s perplexing that the error messages are coming up blank but I would like to look into solving this issue.

We haven’t heard from any of you in a while. Are you still experiencing these issues? If so, could you provide the information I requested? We need more information from you to progress with this issue.

In the meantime I’ll be marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. Whenever you’re available, please leave a comment and the post will reopen.

After fixing some contents and invalid content references, the build passed. It could be some content errors that was accepted by the old version but 4.11 and up.

Thank you!

I have exactly the same problem. Could you please elaborate on how exactly you have fixed this? Thanks!

I am not sure what exactly the problem was. Our TA cleaned some unused contents and some invalid content references. We also moved a landscape’s chunks in streamed sub-levels to the persistent level. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply! Those invalid content references, do you remember how you have identified them?

Just go through them one by one.