Cooking Failed

I deleted a game feature plugin and clear all know references to it in the project and somehow the async load is trying to load It but I can’t find from where and its causing my project to fail when cooking. Here’s the error. Any Idea how to track this down?

UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogInit: Display: LogStreaming: Error: Couldn't find file for package /Script/GenesisCoreRuntime requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/GenesisCoreRuntime

After digging for the past however many hours I found the culprit. I had to create a new project and copy over files to see exactly which one it was.

But Here’s the kicker. The plugin I deleted actually had classes in. I parented one of my blueprints to that class before ever removing the plugin. Once I deleted it I move that C++ class to a new directory but the blueprint never updated that script reference. To fix it all I had to do was parent the BP to Actor and then back to the original class. This cleared that ghost reference and my cooking was successful!

I hope this saves someone hours!

1 Like