Cooker has been blocked from saving the current packages

I have been searching far and wide for a solution to this problem but when I am cooking my project for android I get to the same package number 989 every time and it will not progress past this point. I have been letting it run for 4 hours and it just keeps repeating itself in the log saying the cooker has been blocked from saving the current packages. I am working on an Intel Mac using unreal 5.3.2.

Hey there @jake_mcghee! Welcome back to the community! One of my first recommendations when seeing cook issues would be the clear a bunch of the cached data related.

Back up your project somewhere safe, then delete these 3 folders in your project folder:
DerivedDataCache
Build
Saved
Intermediate

Then launch your project again, let all these regenerate then try the build again.

Thanks for your response. I tried this and it still gets stuck at the same place.

Are you using any form of version control or an antivirus that could be holding any files? This error often stems from the cooker being unable to access (but able to see) files it requires.