COOK FAILED,2 year project

Hey Devs.

I’ve been working on my project(game) for 2 years and in some point I upgraded the engine to 4.24.3 from 4.23 …
it has been half year I think … and today I tried to Package the game…and unfortunately my packaging game failed!
I PRAY that someone could help me understand what is wrong!

here is the log , hope it helps!

thank you !

(the projects is around 108 Gigs)

i have same problem i dont know what to do!

I think you move your file and that’s a problem if you check log and search for failed you can find them (around 300) like

failed to load ‘/Game/StarterContent/Audio/Starter_Background_Cue’: Can’t find file.

and you have another problem and that is
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogWindows: Error: Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/GenericPlatform/GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 186]
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogWindows: Error: Ran out of memory allocating 1073741824 bytes with alignment 0

I think it’s like you have no enough memory for ■■■■ data

Hi,

one thing i found out from you Log is too long filenames, you will need to move/rename all of those.
e.g.

ProcessResult.StdOut: CookResults: Error: Couldn’t save package, filename is too long (272 >= 260): D:/Unreal Engine 4/HorrorEngine 4.24/Saved/Cooked/WindowsNoEditor/HorrorEngine/Content/assets/characters/girl_01/habbob_doll__normal_pose_girl_ghost_fully_rigged_03-_stand_and_point_at_direction_root_root_Armature_Armature_ArmatureAction_Armature_ArmatureAction_002.uasset

You can try and enable long path support, you can find it under

Editor Preferences → General - Experimental - Content Browser: Enable support for long paths

but it’s experimental :wink:

You are also using huge a lot of huge textures (4k) and you should maybe doublecheck your lightmap settings.
And finally search for error: in your Log and try to fix those problems.

cheers

M.

hey friend , thanks for quick reply ,
my C drive ( only 20 gigs free) is pretty full.

is this about DDC maybe ?
if so, can I move it do other drive ?

okay thank you all for replying so quick , I’ll check your suggestion and keep updating.

really appreciate it a lot !

Hi, here is how to relocate your DDC

Hey all , thanks for helping .
I found the solution by … creating new project and migrate all to the new one… seems to be working great and baking and packaging all !

1 Like