Converting World Composition into World Partition

Hey!

So I started creating a project in 4.27 using the world composition system using one Landscape actor in a Persistent level and from there created Landscape streaming proxies for each of the sublevels.
Now that the UE 5 is out I want to make those proxies into one big landscape in the world partition system. Hovewer I can’t get it to work. I tried the approach where I convert the sublevels into world partition and then tried to copy the result into an open world map i created in 5.0. That copies everything except the landscape itself ( the landscape splines get copied just fine).

Has anyone encountered and solved this problem? I’m losing my mind over this :D.

Thanks!

1 Like

im suffering from the same issue:

• conversion of landscapes to u5 went fine
  • created a new worldpartition level
  • converted all world composition sublevels
  • created level instances from the content of each sublevel
  • linked in the level instances to the new worldpartition level
  • break the instances to have the content in this one level
  • redo all the grouping since it gets lost (shame)
  • all arrives except the landscape subobjects (aka nothing visible arrives)

issue is at the convertion of the landscape to the level instance. it just creates the landscape node but does not create the subobject tiles, size is shown correct as empty).

im going to export all landscape layers now and the hightfield and reconstruct all my sublevels…which will take me days.

Please explain what you mean by “all arrives”.

I am asking a similar question here:

I converted the project to ue5 and created level instances in each sublevel and added the assets to these. Then loaded these level instances in the worldpartition map and broke them…this causes the assets to be part of the worldpartition map.

Thank you for that information!

1 Like