Converting project to C++ causes crash on boot

Hey everyone,

I’ve been given a UE4 project and was tasked with packaging it to android (oculus quest specifically). After installing the proper SDKs, I was unable to get it to package as I got this error:

340113-1.png

After a lot of research online, I tried various things (deleting binaries intermediate and save folders and trying again, double checking the substance plugin is off, try building in both dev or shipping mode ect) and nothing worked. I then saw the suggestion to compile the project. The compile fails immediately and im given an error that reads 'Couldn’t find target rules file for target ‘[project]’

After more research I was told to right click the .uproject file and re-generate visual studio project files. It fails and gives me this

340114-2.png

This is pretty self explanatory. I go into the project and add an empty C++ object, which causes the project to be converted into a C++ project. The project immediately crashes after I add a C++ object, and is now unable to open as it immediately crashes when opened:

However, even if it is crashing on startup, I am now able to right click the .uproject and generate new visual studio project files, but that doesn’t fix the crash on startup issue. Looking at the log file the fatal error is:

Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000018, which is where I am currently stuck. Here is the log file: [link text][4]

If anyone can help me get to the bottom of this issue I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

~