Convert JSON to Blueprint (?)

Hello again, everyone!
Is there any way to convert json to blueprint? For example, in this case, I know it’s a material (screenshot) and I can assemble it manually, but is there some automatic way? And, if such a method exists, is it universal (for textures, materials, models, or just one thing)?

I found a function but I don’t know if it is suitable for this task and how to use it

I would like to know if this is possible as well.

Hey there @lawlessguy! Since Unreal is open source, you can utilize the same classes the engine does to create blueprints, so the short answer is yes. However, it’s not as straight forward as just reading a JSON file. You’ll likely need to grep and fully understand the Blueprint Graph Class and all it’s derivatives, parse that JSON file, write something to interpret it and make the proper calls to create the asset, write to the BP, then compile after. There aren’t many resources around for this as it’s relatively niche barring some special pipeline use cases, and it’s well over my head while still technically possible.

For my needs I write piece of code to convert OBJ(3d jbject) to JSON. So it must be possible to write iece of code convert JSON to any format. :grinning: Just need try. May be someone already do, search internet.