Convert FPS BP project to c++ code project

Hi,

I wonder if its possible to convert originally FPS BP created project to c++ code project, in the end they will be executed at the low level c++ code snippets, so do we go as usual here, File->Open Visual Studio File?

Hi SBlade,

Rama posted this tutorial on the wiki:

It should help.

Best
Dennis

Hi again

I ran into problem when I followed the Rama instructions, in VS2015 program couldn’t find the default map(which is GameDefaultMap=/Game/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap) during game execution. I noticed that its been controlled by DefaultEngine.ini , GameDefaultMap=/Game/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap variable but it seems that this is malfunctioning, even though that the file is there physically, is there any workaround for that?

From File menu, just pick New C++ Class…

Can you elaborate a bit more, its a umap which couldn’t be found by application what relevance does it have with New C++ Class? If its possible I would like to load the map at run time.

Very easy to add c++ to existing BP project. With project open in UE editor, From File menu, just pick New C++ Class…

Here is great c++ QuickStart

(In general, you can do way more way easier with Blueprints)

OK I’ve read most of them, but my problem was : Having BP FPS project in hand how to covert into c++ fully fledged project. I managed to get it working to some extent by entrypoint which points to the Rama’s great instructions (A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums). The only thing remaining is: in VS2015 runing the application results in that it couldn’t find the FirstPersonExampleMap, so I was wondering if there was another workaround or tweak to make it find that?

Error Message Dialog is:

The map specified on the commandline
‘Game/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersoneExampleMap’ could not be found Exiting.

There is a typo in your path. Perhaps that is your issue? :rolleyes: