Convert a player character into AI

Hello All,
I have a scenario, but do not know if that is possible. I have created blueprint and everything for my player character. Now, I want to create an enemy character, which has all the characteristics very same as the player character, but it should work with AI, the player will not be controlling the enemy. Now I have 2 questions.

1. Is there a way that I can re-use the existing player character, like duplicating it and convert it into an AI? Or should I redo everything that I did for the player character again?
  2. If I re-use the existing player character, is it possible, that I make some modifications, (example the idle pose changed in Animation Blueprint) is there a way to affect in the enemy AI character automatically.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

That really depends on your setup. You can add nodes and change the mesh in an instanced blueprint. However, if you plan on having multiple enemy types, then you should create a separate ‘master’ blueprint for them.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. My player character has the ability to Locomotion, shooting, reloading, and pickup guns. I want my enemy to be also to have the same ability.

I understand your suggestion about creating a Master Blueprint. I will try it.

Thanks & Regards,

I would convert your current player character into the master and from there I would inherit the player and a base npc

Thanks.

Hey did you get this to work? I wanted to do the same thing but unsure exactly how to go about doing it.