" Sometimes" the Control Rig “animations” do not render out with Movie Render Que; the character stays in his bind pose when you see the render output. Other characters with the same Control Rig render with animations with Movie Render Que.
Here is the weird thing: I see the animation play out perfectly if I press play in the Sequencer. The character is not in a bind pose…it is animates perfectly.
The Control Rig was animated completely in Sequencer, no Maya or Blender animations.
There are no level partitions, everything is in the Persistent Level.
I don’t think it is a PC issue. I have a Thread Ripper, DDR5 and a 4090.
Everything looks to be animating correctly when I play in Sequence. But one character with Control Rig will not animate when I review the Movie Render Que output renders. The Control Rig renders in other shots.
Resurrecting a dead thread because I couldn’t find an answer that worked for me. I was still experiencing this in 5.1 and seem to have found a reliable work around. I don’t know why this works, but when prompted by the movie render queue (the one that renders to .avi files), don’t save. 9 time out of 10, if I save when prompted here, the control rig animation wont play in the render and the character will remain in T/A pose despite animating perfectly within sequencer. If I don’t save, the animation renders fine.
Interesting. Maybe make some kind of insignificant change in the sequence (eg inserting and then deleting a key) to get the engine to prompt you to save? As long as I reject the request to save (which doesn’t discard anything, just doesn’t save the current files) the render works fine. I’ve been able to replicate this fix consistently. The running theory is that is has something to do with the render queue pointing at whatever temp file is created for unsaved assetes, and when you save it removes that file and commits the changes to the original, but the render queue is still looking for that temp file, so the animation doesn’t simulate.
I’ve seen similar Movie Render Queue issues with Control Rig. Since the animation plays correctly in Sequencer but renders in the bind pose, I’d first check the Control Rig track and its evaluation settings in the affected shot.
Also compare the problematic character’s Control Rig setup with a character that renders correctly. Checking Sequencer evaluation, spawnable/possessable settings, and whether the Control Rig is being evaluated during render may help identify the difference.