Visual Purple is seeking a UE4 Developer/Programmer for full-time contract work. The intent of this position is to hire the successful candidate on as a full-time on site staff member at our San Luis Obispo Office.
The ideal candidate would have experience working with Unreal Engine 4 creating multiplayer first person shooters, and the desire and drive to perform a varied set of roles within a game studio.
- Work with Directors and Leads to create compelling and effective gameplay driven training.
- Ability to stay organized and productive while working on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ensure the timely delivery of assigned tasks.
- Drive the overall product quality forward.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Position skills:
- UE4 experience is required.
- Understanding of trade-offs in engine performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Direct work experience in game development with at least one delivered project.
- Excellent knowledge and experience designing, developing, and implementing complex software applications and gameplay elements/mechanics.
- Developing for cross platform distribution (PC/Mobile/VR).
- Must be a team player capable of working as part of both small or large teams on complex and deadline driven projects.
- Ability to perform continuous integration, configuration management, version control, and testing.
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience and proficiency with C++
- VR Development Experience
Employment for all positions is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background investigation. The investigation process includes a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use, a fingerprint check, and a thorough review of the applicant’s background to determine whether there have been any significant problems with unresolved financial indebtedness, failure to file and/or pay income taxes, criminal record, illegal drug use, etc.
Please apply by emailing your current resume, and a list of projects with a description of your responsibilities/contributions that you have worked on to: [EMAIL=“firstname.lastname@example.org”]email@example.com
Visual Purple designs and builds the next generation of training. Realistic and engaging storylines form the backbone of our games. Replicating ‘real world’ experiences and creative game design, resulting in cost effective custom solutions for our clients.
Located on the central coast of California, in the heart of wine country. We are a small studio of passionate gamers that love to play and create games. If you love getting to contribute to every aspect of game design and the opportunity to grow and learn this is the team for you.
Visual Purple LLC is an equal opportunity employer.