I’m hiring for a contract to hire role for Studio Wildcard in Kirkland, WA, I have put some details below, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
Studio Wildcard, creators of the smash indie hit ARK: Survival Evolved, was founded in 2014 by industry veterans Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak. ARK is the most successful Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview title ever and continues to break industry records on consoles and PC. We are looking for a skilled VFX/ Tech Artist to join our team and expand on the ARK universe.
- Work closely with designers, engineers and related artists to design, create and place VFX for games
- Export Character Models and Animations from 3Ds Max/Maya and import them into Unreal
- Create and Maintain Animation Set, Character Models, and Physics Assets.
- Work in tandem with the FX teams to setup, attach and troubleshoot FX issues.
- Constantly review the content creation pipeline to identify and fix any possible pipeline or technology deficiencies for the art department
- Design, develop, document, and improve content pipelines
- Seek out and fix performance issues including, but not limited to: framerate issues, memory problems, material errors, and collision issues
- Work closely with engineers and leads to troubleshoot art pipelines as needed
- Meticulous, organized approach to creating technically efficient and visually compelling VFX assets
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in creating and implementing VFX in a real-time game environment
- Ability to create all assets related to VFX production
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in game development
- At least one shipped game as a VFX
- Familiarity with Unreal 4
- Houdini Knowledge