We have two projects that we’re currently looking to hire for:
Project 1 (Title Pending): This is a game-based application programmed in Unreal Engine 4 that will eventually be for mobile (Android/iPhone) and accessible in a web-browser. The project is actually a series of immersive tests, designed to place job applicants in a life-like version of the job they are applying for. This app would assess them on how well they respond to simplified versions of tasks and challenges that would be experienced in the real-world job. The choice to use both mobile and web-based is based on accessibility (e.g., being able to apply for a job and playing the game on the web or their phone without having to download the app).
Project 2 (Title Pending): Another game-based application programmed in Unreal Engine 4 that will be playable through a web-browser. Players are stuck on an alien ship - they have to sneak their way around the ship environment and solve puzzles/challenges in order to understand how the different ship components work. Though this is programmed as a game, the system is measuring critical skills considered key for certain job occupations. The game will be playable on a web-browser to make it easier for applicants to access for a research study.
Adaptive Immersion Technologies - We build game-based simulations for personnel selection and training. Our solutions are focused on helping companies find the right talent for the job and training those already in the job, through fun, engaging, and adaptive games customized to people’s strengths and weaknesses.
Phil: President and Chief Scientist - 7 years
**Noel: **Project Manager and Game Design - 4 years
Tom: General C++/Blueprints Programmer - 5 years
Isaac: 3D Artist, Modeler, Animator - 5 years
Programmer - HTML5/Web-Based:
We are currently seeking a talented individual who can help us with publishing Project 2 on a web-browser that stores basic player info (game stats) on a database. This individual will have the ability to work with our game development team to understand the requirements for hosting this application, developed in Unreal Engine 4 as an HTML5 package, on a web browser. Additionally, there is a requirement to assist with activities to create a backend system that enables this web-hosted game assessment to connect with a secure database, in order to collect and store game data as individuals partake in the game assessment.
- Experience working with small teams,
- Knowledge with Unreal and publishing a web-based game,
- Experience connecting a database system to a web-hosted game for collecting and storing user game data (e.g., how long did it take a user to complete the game, their score on the game assessment, basic login information, etc.),
- Demonstrated proficiency in code refactoring and reusability across projects,
- Experience developing code for multiple platforms, including PC, mobile, and web-based,
- Effective communicator and collaborator with other game developers and teammates from other disciplines,
- Ability to communicate workflow process to non-programming personnel,
Programmer - Mobile:
For Project 1, we are looking for programmers who’ve successfully published mobile games using the Unreal Engine 4. Opportunities are available both for a brief initial consultation and longer term engagements.
- Experience optimizing game project in Unreal for mobile platforms (iPhone/Android),
- Knowledge of database architectures in either SQL or NoSQL languages,
- Knowledge of API integration and management, such as REST and SOAP
- Knowledge of user design and experience requirements for both iPhone and Android,
Or: you can DM me here (AdaptTech17)