[CONTRACT/PAID] C++/Blueprint, Maya Developer/Programmer

Hi

For the last four years I’ve been doing Game development, before that my career was that of an electronic engineer doing mostly C/C++ embedded development.

When I started with game development I started with Unreal engine, mostly due to the low cost. While learning UE4 I developed a small project called Annihilation Ten4 ( can be downloaded at: http://www.indiedb.com/games/annihilation-ten4 ).
All the little robots meshes and animations where done by me, I used TreeIt for the foliage. I tried to do most the code using Blueprints but there is still lots of things blueprints can’t do so there is some C++ code in the project.

This landed me a paid position with an Indie company in Canada Stompy Bot doing C++/Blueprint development on Heavy Gear Assault. Sadly they ran out of funding. I’ve recently heard they starting the project up again.

Recently completed a project for a British group Airship Images, for them I made a prototype Skate Board game in UE4 which was quiet a challenge, they supplied the meshes and animations, I did everything else, using the prototype I made they are now seeking funding. When then get their funding they will contact me to finish the project, if I’m not busy with another project I will return to complete the Skate Board game, while working for Airship Images I also help them with some coding on a dinosaur game, which they would like me to return to and help them complete once they got all their assets and animations done.

I’ve just finished a little Demo game for a Indie developer in the US making a Sonic remake, they where struggling with the rotations of their Pawn, not having access to their project I made a little demo from scratch showing how I would do the rotating up surfaces and over edges, plus code for walking/running up stairs. I done this in the Pawn Class and mostly in C++.

I live in South Africa this is a big advantage due to the exchange rate, I can work for much less than most developers. Working from home not having to commute is a big savings.

Sorry I don’t have a pretty portfolio to direct you to, my C.V. is that of an electronic engineer which won’t mean much to you, the best I can offer go download my little game and go have a look at Heavy Gear Assault where I did a lot of the C++ coding and some blueprints. As to the skate board game the NDA still applies but I did get permission to show videos of the skate board game privately to anyone interested in me working for them, the dinosaur game has a video on the net at LWR Forest Stream Sequence Editor - YouTube

I’ve only really developed using Unreal engine and Maya but I’m a quick study, When needed I’ll learn Unity quick or anything else for that matter.

Thanks for your consideration.

GARTH