Mercer Project is currently looking for a senior level Unreal Engine 4 Programmer that will take a critical role in ensuring production efficiency while developing a next-generation VR experience. This role utilizes technical and analytical skills to ensure all departments are able to function at their best. You will have the ability to identify and implement solutions to problems as they arise. You understand the limitations of mobile development, and will be responsible for ensuring the application is optimized to run as performant as it can while still meeting its full visual potential. General knowledge of every aspect of the development pipeline is required. This role is evolving and responsibilities will change as we transition into different development cycles.
On this project, we are currently a small team working on a multiplayer VR experience targeted for the Oculus Quest 2 platform. This position would initially focus on an in game currency system to allow users to purchase NFT’s that can be used in game as well as physical products that can be used in the real world.
Requirements for this position:
- 3+ years of professional experience with high-performance video game or VR applications developed in UE4
- Expert knowledge of general gameplay programming in C++ and UE4 Blueprints
- Knowledge of backend server applications, web services, APIs, SQL, AWS, and integrating them into UE4
- Experience working with NFT blockchain technology
- Deep understanding of memory management, runtime optimization for mobile/VR
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience programming Multiplayer games
- Experience shipping a title for Oculus Quest 2
- Passion for Video Games
Job Types: Contract with full time schedule
Location: Fully Remote
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year