Continous Memory Leak problems

That is still not a memory leak. A memory leak is untracked memory that cannot be deleted. If you have 64GB of RAM and no limits set, unreal will use it just like any other program would.

It doesn’t matter if you close the skeletal mesh editor, the asset has still been loaded along with anything it uses. It won’t be spontaneously unloaded until the editor needs to open something else and decides that object is no longer relevant for some reason. Closing an asset editor doesn’t unload the asset. If you load a blueprint that references meshes, materials and suchlike they all have to be loaded as well.

What’s the point in having that much RAM if you don’t want applications to use it? The question you should be asking at this point is how on earth do 200 skeletal meshes have so many linked assets to achieve a whopping 64GB of memory use?

If you try to open the Kite Demo - it uses nearly 24GB of RAM because that’s how much the loaded assets cost to load.

Stumbled on this because I noticed this issue myself and was looking for a solution. Whether memory leak or user error, is there a tool of any kind in this software to wipe all associations completely? Im prepared to start over with nothing. Ive tried reinstalling already after a really gorgeous level I was excited about decided to no longer function randomly(seems to be an issue with Substance, and a missing taget file) but even after its borderline useless, and I seem to have high ram use on a blank project with no assets at all…
Im just learning, but Ive messed with Unreal years ago and came back because of the new capabilities. I really dont want to give up so soon because I apparently need quantumn computing to run a blank level ha