content switcher not working in VR?

I’m working on a VR project and am having trouble with my 3D UI element.

Context:

The UI element is a simple menu that uses buttons and content switcher to change the panel on the right.

Here is the blueprint for the content switcher:

I have a widget interaction component on the user’s right hand, the idea being that they can point at the button they want to press and then they can press it.

Here is the blueprint for the widget interaction:

The problem I am having is that when I launch the application in VR, I am able to switch to a different tab in the menu but only once. To reiterate, the input is detected and a button can be pressed and the content switches appropriately but for some reason this only fires off once and after that no button can be pressed (they can still be hovered over). Additionally the print string function at the end of the widget interaction no longer works as well after the first button has been pushed. I am at a loss as to why that might be.

Any ideas or if you know what I did wrong, I would appreciate any advice.

No inputs from the controllers are being received after interacting with the widget, only their position is getting updated.

I didn’t realize there was a “Window focus” tick box in the BP containing the 3D widget. Setting it to false has resolved the issue.