Content Browser resets filters on creation of new asset

This is a re-run of my large conjoined thread - https://rocket.unrealengine.com/questions/1841/feedback-my-next-round-of-contenteditor-feedbac- broken up in different threads as per request of Alexander.

Every time I make a new asset, for example a material, it resets my filters, causing me to set them again time after time.

Hi Sjoerd,

I was looking into this issue and it is apparently intentional. What used to happen is that if you created a material (or whichever asset), but didn’t have the Material filter on, it would seem to suddenly disappear after being named. The solution was to have the filters reset whenever a new asset is created.

If you have a request for changing this a different way, I can make up a feature request with your ideas.

-Alexander

I see, and I understand the problem, but would it then not be possible to have it act conditionally?

If filter is on that does not include the newly created asset → reset filters

If filter is active that includes the type the newly create asset belongs to → do not reset filters.

For example what I was doing a lot when I was building my level, was to enable a filter for Materials only, since I was working with just materials, and then each time I made a new material it reset. If it could detect that I am making an asset that is already part of the current filter, that would feel more fluent imo.

Alright Sjoerd,

I agree that makes sense too. I created a feature request detailing a context sensitive filter resetting and referenced this question.

• Alexander