Content browser menu invisible

I’m finding that the content browser right-click menu is invisible. I can bring up submenus but I can’t see the menu itself:

Also of note: browsing into a content browser subdirectory with a staticmesh in it triggers an OnLevelActorAdded() event even in an empty map. This did not work this way previously, although you can filter the stray events out by checking Actor->GetOwner() for nullptr.

Update: that’s actually a terrible solution, as it blocks all added events. I’m going to start a new ticket with that issue.

Hi ,

Try running a verify on your editor build by going to launcher>library>engine version context menu>verify, this will check to see if any files are missing/damaged and repair/replace them as appropriate.

• Have you made any changes to the source code in the editor?

• When did this start occurring?

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.

I’ve not made any changes to the editor source. This is the default generic engine.

I also did a verify and it made no difference.

It started occurring with 4.11.

I also tried reinstalling. That didn’t help either.

Can you post your dxdiag here? What OS are you currently working on? Additionally, try resetting the layout by going to Window>Reset Layout

I’m on Windows 10.

I’ll try resetting it now, thanks.

link text

Hi ,

Did resetting your window layout help?

Sorry, I thought I had responded. No it did not.

I made a video: https://www…com/watch?v=PecZA40gUao

Ironically with ShareX running screen capture the menu is a lot more reliable, but you can see at the beginning and the end the main part of the menu failing.

Try verifying your engine build. To do so, go to the launcher>library>engine version dropdown context menu>verify. I have not been able to reproduce this on my end thus far.

Again? Nah. I don’t have time to re-do steps we’ve already tried.

Might as well close the ticket, I’m sure it’ll get fixed in a future build and it’s not stopping me from using the import button.

My mistake, I forgot that I had already asked you to do this. As such please disregard this step. Unfortunately at present I don’t have any other steps to take to reproduce or fix this error. I will go ahead and mark this as answered for tracking purposes, if you find a set of steps I can take to reproduce this on my end, please post back here and I’ll be happy to take another look.

No worries, thanks for your help!

Started experiencing this problem yesterday after re-arranging files and folders (inside UE4). Now it almost impossible to use the content browser and some drop down menu are also failing to display. Previous version of the engine have no problems and I’ve tried verifying and re-installing 4.12.5 with no success.

I’ve provided my DxDiag to help inform the situation: link text

I do hope you can help, as I’m in the middle of a project and this has made things extremely difficult. If you require any further information, just let me know.

Hi BunHead,

Have you tried the steps listed to above? For instance, try resetting your layout. Additionally, if you can see your contents folder, right click this and press “Fix Up Redirectors” to see if this helps.

Since your post I have tried each of these techniques, with no success. However I have discovered something further, I use a multi monitor display and I remembered that the problem first occurred just after I changed the screen resolution (whilst UE4 was still open). And while messing with the resolution hasn’t fixed the problem, I did discover that the menu is visible in other screens, which is a solution (although not a good one) to my particular problem. If you need any further information I’ll be happy to provide it, as I believe it could a problems for others.

Since your post I have tried each of these techniques, with no success. However I have discovered something further, I use a multi monitor display and I remembered that the problem first occurred just after I changed the screen resolution (whilst UE4 was still open). And while messing with the resolution hasn’t fixed the problem, I did discover that the menu is visible in other screens, which is a solution (although not a good one) to my particular problem. If you need any further information I’ll be happy to provide it, as I believe it could a problems for others.

Does changing the resolution back the original resolution resolve the error? Are you using an SLI setup or a single GPU to run your monitors? Additionally, which monitor is showing the error, the main or a secondary/tertiary monitor?

Changing the resolution does nothing to the error, it is a triple monitor system using SLI and a forth output to HDMI. The error is not on the main monitor but one (and only one (right monitor that shares the same graphics card as HDMI)) of the secondary/tertiary monitors.

Try selecting your UE4 icon in the windows taskbar. When you do, do you see mutltiple windows? If you do, try selecting the windows and using the alt+arrow keys to maneuver them back onto the screen. Does this help to resolve the error?