Content Browser: Folder Structure Guidelines

Hi everyone,

when I migrate stuff like materials, meshes, etc from the example projects to my project, the associated textures, maps, etc are also migrated with its folder structures.

To avoid redundance folders: What are the whole folder structure guidelines?

To a better understanding: I created a folder named “Normal” under “Game” and put my normals maps in there. If I migrate a texture with a normal map from one of the example projects to my project, a new folder named “Normal” under “Game/Textures/” is created and you can find the migrated normal map in there. So I have two “Normal” folders. One under “Game/” and one under “Game/Textures/”. That should be avoided.

Of course I could shift the files to one folder, click on the texture file and correct the reference of the normal map, but this is just extra work and with the time this is annoying.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

I would not do that. The usual structure is asset/texturs asset/materials and asset/meshes. Then you can have a hierarchy like items/items1 items/item2 and characters/character1 or something like that. I would not sort according to the type of asset but would keep everything that belongs to a specific asset or a collection of assets together. Most packs from the marketplace also come that way