Contemporary Mountain Home

Here’s a new personal project that I made using Unreal Engine 5.3. It is an architectural visualisation depicting a contemporary house perched on the side of a mountain and overlooking a lake.

I was responsible for the architectural, interior and landscape design and the 3D modelling of the house, the temple and several items of furniture. I also built several models including the Buddha statues and mask and a few other items using photogrammetry. In addition, I was responsible for the composition, lighting, colour grading and video editing.

Software used

Unreal Engine
3D modelling - Blender
Photogrammetry - RealityCapture
Water sim - FluidNinja
Colour Grading - Davinci Resolve
Video editing - Adobe Premiere

12 Likes

This work is so magnificent that listing the details would take a very long time. Amazing piece of art! :clap: :trophy:

2 Likes

What a wonderful comment. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Hi there @James_Alliban,

Hope you’re well and having a spectacular week so far!

Oh wow. This is so genuinely beautiful. From the mountains to the plantlife placed throughout the home - you’ve managed to create a home that feels one with nature. Truly beautifully done! I had to watch this video several times just to try to see all the tiny details and I still feel I’ve probably missed some.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your art with us here on the forums. I hope we get to see more of your art :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks very much for your kind words. It means a great deal coming from a moderator who has likely seen many such projects. I have been wondering if there was a process I could take to submit work to be showcased in Epic Games’ spotlight. Or, is uploading here on the forum the only way?

2 Likes

Hi there @James_Alliban !

First, I absolutely love the design of this. The mix of the interior and exterior is beautiful! Not to mention that comfy long couch with the window view. It looks like it would be perfect to sit and watch a thunderstorm.

I also adore the mask on the wall and the texture! Was this a custom texture or an asset?

1 Like

I’m actually not sure about Epic Spotlight. But all I can say is keep posting to the forums and being a member of this Epic community. Recognition and mods fanboying over your work comes with the territory for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks very much! The mask was a photogrammetry mesh I made of a Buddha mask I own. It was made using RealityScan for iPad, Blender and Instant Meshes. I’m really happy with how it turned out.

1 Like