Construction script does not properly run when using details panel

I have an actor which adds a widget component in the construction script. When I drag the actor into the level, I can see that the widget component is properly created. I can also properly move or rotate the actor using the transformation gizmos in the viewport.

However, as soon as I manually enter a location or rotation in the details panel for the actor, the widget component disappears. When I insert a print statement in the construction script, I can see that it is fired. The widget component does not show up, however. As soon as I drag the actor around in the viewport, it shows back up.

I would very much like to keep the widget component even when the actor is moved or rotated in the details panel. What’s going on here? Why don’t I see the widget component when I interact with the details panel?

So, I managed to figure out a few additional things in the meanwhile. The widget component is added through an Add Widget Component node in the construction script. I enabled the editor to show dynamically added components in the details panel as well.

Now, both when I move the actor using the transform gizmos, as well is when putting in values in the details panel, I can see that the widget component is properly added. Clearly the construction script is running in both cases.

I then call Construct Object on my widget class. I don’t set it directly on the widget component because I need to pass along some parameters with the instantiation. This works when I move the actor using the transformation gizmos, but the widget fails to show up when putting in values in the details panel.

What am I missing here? Is there something special about widgets that I’m missing and makes them unsuitable to spawn in the construction script?

Same issue, it work in ue 4,hope epic explain this