Constrain grabbable VR object properly

Hi there, I just want to preface that I’ve already tried quite a few different methods for interacting with an object but keeping that object constrained along a limited path on a specific axis.

It seems that all these swinging door tutorials don’t really cover how to actually ‘grab’ the object and move it while keeping the object constrained to a path or axis with limited lengths or degrees. They all just tell you how to constrain on axis and then you have to push it with collision rather than actually grabbing the door handle itself.

Does anyone here have to method, some documentation or even can tell me how to actually make my half-custom from vr template VR pawn just grab an object, not have it pull away from its location, but still allow me to use my hand (controller) to slide it along a path, or push/ pull on an arc. I was hoping locking it to a spline would help but the grab component overrides everything and pulls the object right off.

essentially all I’m trying to achieve is a simple slider. Grab object on a line, move it along the line and let go, the object stays there.

Please help

I don’t know if this can help, it works only with controllers though. Best of luck!