Constant crashes in fullscreen mode

So I’m really new to UE4, but this bug happened to me from the very first time it tried to compile some shaders. Whenever I’m in full screen mode and for example try to put a texture on some surface, I get the “compiling shaders” text in the viewport. If I try to then move the camera while it does this, the engine crashes with the error:

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x0 - ‘S_OK’)

However, if I do this in windowed mode there’s no problem at all. I also discovered that if I disable the Integrated Intel HD graphics in the device manager, I don’t have this problem anymore, but the engine runs like ■■■■ with like 5 FPS.

It’s not catastrophic because I can just work in windowed mode (or wait a couple of seconds after adding new materials to the scene in fullscreen mode) but it is a little annoying and most of all I’m curious as to why this happens.

I get this on my laptop all the time. If I so much as launch UE4 and it opens in full screen mode, it will crash within seconds. I have to quickly hit the button next to the ‘X’ at the top right (i don’t know what its called, but its the middle one between X and minimize).
It works fine once taken out of full screen but annoys me so much. If i press play to test the game and then make the runtime preview window full screen (which is what i always do on my PC) it freezes and crashes.

To make it worse, UE4 seems to take ages to load on my laptop too! I can’t figure out why though as my laptop is 5 generations newer than my PC.
MSI GP72 7RD Leopard
Intel i7 Gen 7
Nvidia GTX 1050
16gb Ram DDR4

whereas my Pc is:
Intel i7 Gen 2
Nvidia GTX 980ti
16gb Ram DDR3

UE4 works flaulessly on my 9 year old PC but has problems running on my much newer laptop.
Also I get corrupt files sometimes if I work on a UE4 project on say, my PC and then carry it over to my laptop. It will crash on loading the file saying a bunch of stuff is corrupt.

I don’t get it and it’s driving me nuts as to why I get these issues. Any help would be appreciated.