Download

const functions should be marked as such in documentation.

Hi. I’m not sure if it’s a general thing but there is no indication in the documentation as to whether a function is const or not.

Here’s an example:

Simply reading this, I assume that my function definition should be:

virtual bool IsNetRelevantFor(const AActor * RealViewer, const AActor * ViewTarget, const FVector & SrcLocation) override;

when it should be:

virtual bool IsNetRelevantFor(const AActor * RealViewer, const AActor * ViewTarget, const FVector & SrcLocation) const override;

Even in the list of class definitions (https://api.unrealengine.com/INT/API/Runtime/Engine/GameFramework/APlayerController/), there are nice icons for static, virtual and public/protected functions. But nothing indicates, icon or word, that this is a **const **function.

No biggy. I have the source code so it took me a second to check it out. I guess it could be more of a issue for those using the binary build of the engine without debugging symbols.
Even clicking on Visual Studio’s error message: see declaration of ‘APlayerController::IsNetRelevantFor’ is no help as it pushes the editor towards the first forward declaration of APlayerController it sees in its scope.

Regards.

Thanks for reporting this issue! I will pass this along to the appropriate contact here at Epic Games.

Hey DrHobo! I know it’s been a while, but I wanted to let you know we made some updates based on your suggestions. Thanks again for passing this along to us. Please let us know if you spot anything else you think we should take a look at.