Connecting multiple tiled landscapes in world composition

I’ve been using world composition with imported tiled landscapes from world machine, and it works great as long as i only use a single import…

But i want to import multiple different tiled landscapes with varying styles of land because some parts of my maps will be vastly different than the others.

I can’t figure out how to connect them once i import them. I can place them next to each other, but i cant edit their landscapes simultaneously to sculpt them together. Obviously if i add a single landscape via the “add adjacent landscape” feature i can do that, and it works but that’s not what i need to do.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

I’m facing the same issue. Also, landscapes added from “add adjacent landscapes” dont stitch with landscapes that are imported in.

Hi there, hope you are still around…
I have gotten success BUT only it seems, IF you’re terrain starts out pretty darned flat…and I have no idea why for sure…I guess the stitching was never optimized to work real well when its not flat ish…a dev would have to answer that .

What do yo mean multiple imports ? Why would you want to do that ?
I’ve never tried to do such a thing, so no clue at all really

I do know, that if your levels are NOT name correctly as per output_xX_yY.map, then it likely won’t work right.

YOU may need to do it yourself, by placing the worlds where they should be manually…VIEW them as you want them placed, and mark them ( say using microsofts INK would be ideal OR a touch screen monitor ?) and then make sure you name the rights ones accordingly for the easiest flow.

But as long as ALL of them are the same size, you should be able to move them around once imported and go from there, and they will stitch perfectly, OR you might need to ‘sculpt’ around a few areas as I"ve had todo, but it works fine after that (sculpting over areas not seamed right.but so far I"ve had only VERY few areas that do that).

Let me know if you need more assistance, as I"ve been battling this too…this, WC is NOT very well maintained according to one youtube I saw from a unreal dev ( I believe so anyway from youtube tutorial) so bear that in mind…I have no idea for sure but thats the rub.