Confused with licencing process while packaging for android

Hello everyone!
Here is my story. As many others I was inspired by open source -Tappy Chicken blueprints - to create my own game. Having in mind my background, a long-long ago I was a programmer dealing with databases, I tell you I had no knowledge on C++ and any of gaming experience whatsoever. But I was fascinated by the Oculus Rift and Unreal Engine capacity recently, to the level that I decided to try to do something with it. I bought Oculus Rift, a better computer and installed UE. At the beginning I was overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge I had to digest from all those brilliant examples and lots of documentary and support. However, Tappy Chicken of Shane Caudle felt the right thing to start with, hoping to have something finished soon.

So I started since January 2015 and several times was stuck in the process. I didn’t know that I needed to have an additional software for that (AutoDesk) and I had to figure out somehow to use Shane’s meshes, and create just one more of my own on Unreal Engine. I really had fun with blueprints as soon as I figured out how they work. Still lots to study! Anyways, I had fun mixed with frustration of helplessness by doing this alone. Thanks to some forum feedbacks that I knew some people were feeling same. Now I at at the final stage of packaging and I tried my best to understand the process. However, I am confused by those “keys” and “licences”, really! Anyone can guide me, please!

Below is the video showing my game, that is generally finished in editor.

The message below shows where Packaging failed.

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Project.LogDeploymentContext: End Deployment Context **************
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): AndroidPlatform.Package: BaseApkName = C:\Users\aigul_\Documents\Unreal Projects\LOLBabies\Binaries\Android\LOLBabies-Android-Shipping.apk
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): AndroidPlatform.Package: Creating C:\Users\aigul_\Documents\Unreal Projects\LOLBabies\Saved\StagedBuilds\Android.obb from C:\Users\aigul_\Documents\Unreal Projects\LOLBabies\Saved\StagedBuilds\Android
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): <>c__DisplayClass1.<Package>b__0: [1/1] Adding LOLBabies/ to OBB
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): <>c__DisplayClass1.<Package>b__0: [2/2] Adding LOLBabies/Content/ to OBB
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): <>c__DisplayClass1.<Package>b__0: [3/3] Adding LOLBabies/Content/Paks/ to OBB
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): <>c__DisplayClass1.<Package>b__0: [4/4] Adding LOLBabies/Content/Paks/LOLBabies-Android.pak to OBB
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): InternalUtils.SafeFileExists: SafeFileExists C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Binaries\Android\UE4Game-Android-Shipping-armv7-es2.apk=True
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): ====3/24/2015 9:07:27 AM====PREPARING TO MAKE APK=================================================================
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Building Java with SDK API level ‘android-19’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk: AndroidManifest.xml that was generated is different than last build, forcing repackage.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk: Performing complete package - wiping C:\Users\aigul_\Documents\Unreal Projects\LOLBabies\Intermediate/Android/APK, except for predexedLibs
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk: bPackageDataInsideApk = False
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UEDeployAndroid.UpdateProjectProperties:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): ====3/24/2015 9:07:28 AM====UPDATING BUILD CONFIGURATION FILES====================================================
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UEDeployAndroid.RunCommandLineProgramAndThrowOnError: Updating project.properties, local.properties, and build.xml…
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): ====3/24/2015 9:07:30 AM====PREPARING NATIVE CODE=================================================================
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): UEDeployAndroid.RunCommandLineProgramAndThrowOnError: Preparing native code for debugging…
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): ====3/24/2015 9:07:33 AM====PERFORMING FINAL APK PACKAGE OPERATION================================================
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: DistributionSigning settings are not all set. Check the DistributionSettings section in the Andriod tab of Project Settings
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Stacktrace: at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.PrepareToSignApk(String BuildPath)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk(String ProjectName, String ProjectDirectory, String OutputPath, String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, String CookFlavor, Boolean bMakeSeparateApks, Boolean bIncrementalPackage, Boolean bDisallowPackagingDataInApk)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.PrepForUATPackageOrDeploy(String ProjectName, String ProjectDirectory, String ExecutablePath, String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, String CookFlavor, Boolean bIsDataDeploy)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AndroidPlatform.Package(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC, Int32 WorkingCL)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at Project.Package(ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at BuildCommand.Execute()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: ERROR: DistributionSigning settings are not all set. Check the DistributionSettings section in the Andriod tab of Project Settings
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Domain_ProcessExit
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): copying UAT log files…
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): BUILD FAILED

Thank you for reading! I will appreciate if someone shows me how to fill in the fields of distribution signing setting in the Project settings.

Well, I managed this part myself.
I am wondering though if I did everything right.
I found the keystore details, produced APK and uploaded it to Google play.
(Thanks to youtube guys who shows how to do things like that, particularly I used how to find SHA1 at the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEsytc5LyU)
Then I was able to create App ID in Google Play Game services, and I added it into my Project settings. Logic demands that I should package for android again. So I produced another APK, with final Game App ID and uploaded it again into Google Play Dev console.
Now I am ready to publish. Hope I did everything right!

No. it didn’t go well. When downloading from the Play store on the android phones there is an Error message: Failed to open descriptor file ‘…/…/…LOLBabies.uproject’

I will appreciate any feedback!

Hi aabun,

I am glad you’ve gotten the distribution settings all set up, but unfortunately the ‘Failed to open descriptor’ error could be caused by many things. Do you mind posting this on AnswerHub for more easy tracking? Here are the instructions for what needs to be included in an AnswerHub post, and here are instructions for finding the logs. Please attach the logs to the thread itself, they are much easier to read that way. Logs are really going to be the most important factor in helping us track down your issue. Thanks very much!

Actually, before you do that, see this thread: Useful info about Google Play store and .obb file names - Mobile - Epic Developer Community Forums

Since you’re seeing it from the Google Play store, I suspect it could be the problem.