Computer Spec - consulting

Hi all
will this desktop be good start with UR4 ?
appreciate your thought:
Intel Core i7 4470
motherboard - Gigabyte z370 aotus gaming 3 lga 1150v2 , intel z370 , ddr4 ,2Xpci-E,HDMI
1X8GB DDR4 2400Mhz Ram
Asus GTX 1060 , 6GB
smasung evo 256 GB SSD + 1TB WD sATA III

thanks!

Make it 2x8GB and it’s not bad at all. Did you mean 4770k?

will check if it’s K or not.
thanks !!!
what the avg price of this kind of computer?

Depends on whether it’s used or not. You can check the price of the components. It’s all a google search away.

Also, have a look at this site, plenty of balanced systems, mostly geared towards gaming, though:

this was a desktop , and I read a lot that laptops are not good to start with UN4.
my goal is mostly VR - any advice?

The specs you posted are a decent starting point providing you stick a second stick of RAM there. If you can afford a 1070 instead of 1060, go for it, you won’t be disappointed.

If you do things on the go, or move around a lot, a laptop is the only choice but it will cost you 2x as much as an equivalent desktop rig. Why are you even asking about a laptop if you do not need one?

Also, you’ve now called it UR4 and UN4, it’s UE4 - Unreal Engine 4 :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback! “UE4” , got it:)

Hi all
will this desktop be alright to run Unreal engine 4.20
1 X intel core i9 7980XE
8X DDR4 4000 (8x16gigs) 128 gigs of DDR4 rams
1 X Samsung 850 evo 4TB 2.5" SSD
2 X PNY Quadro GV100 GPUs
2 X 32" 8K Monitors by Dell.

Thanks

Strange question and it’s not *alright at all. *Just a very, very strange choice of components.So many questions here…

• obviously budget is not an issue
  • why the GV100s, to drive the crazy monitors?
  • how does 8k help with development
  • why not 3x large 4k screens instead, something with superb colour reproduction (er even superwidescreen 1440p as main to hold all that blueprint spaghetti, and watching movies 21:9)
  • poor choice of SSD at this price point, why not a couple of NVMe drives (or even intel’s Optane) + massive storage + backup drive
  • you gain nothing with SLI - not supported
  • why not a watercooled RTX 2080ti instead

This whole thing looks like “lemme choose the most expensive components and see what people say”.

Why not buy a decent rig at 1/2 price of that weirdness *and *a used car.

or even a chopper, baby…