Computer always freezing after 5-10 min or even less while using UE4

This is something that I’ve been dealing with few months ago. Thinking about my problem was hardware, I tested a few games that uses UE4 (Vanishing of ethan carter) and some other graphic demanding games… Everything seems OK

But when using UE4, I’m having constant crashes. Creating new projects, with material editor, editing terrain. I don’t know what more to do. Please, if you can tell how to fix this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Hello gaznapio -

When the editor crashes are you seeing a crash reporter window with your machine ID? If so, please submit the report and post your Machine ID here. If you are only getting a windows error message, could you link a copy of your DXDIAG and the Windows Event View log for that crash?

If you need help getting the Window Event View Log, you can read our wiki here:

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hello Eric thanks for answering

I cannot provide error code because is the whole computer that stop working. I’m forced to do hard reset to continue working, and after 10 minutes or so, crashes again. Anyways i checked event view and there is no application crash registered, but a critical error is.

xmlns=“http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event”>

• Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}"

/> 41
1 63
0x8000200000000002
SystemTime=“2015-11-08T21:57:21.551442500Z”
/>
ProcessID=“4” ThreadID=“8” />
System
Jose-PC

• 0 Name=“BugcheckParameter1”>0x0
    Name=“BugcheckParameter2”>0x0
    Name=“BugcheckParameter3”>0x0
    Name=“BugcheckParameter4”>0x0
    Name=“PowerButtonTimestamp”>0

I don’t know if you will be able to do something with this, but it’s a start.

Greetings!

Hi -

Well it looks like there is a Kernel Power crash (that is what the log you post suggests). Normally these are drivers in Windows that are becoming overloaded. If you can please post your DXDIAG here and make sure in the meantime that you Video and Audio drivers are up to date.

Eric Ketchum

link text

Here it is, thanks for your reply!

Are you using a Beta Driver from AMD for your Raedon Card? If so, try to install the most current non-Beta Driver and see if the crashing stops.

Eric Ketchum

Yes, I was using beta 15.9.X (I don’t remember last digit) and now installed last non-beta 15.7.1. Still no luck. Computer completely froze after 3 min of terrain sculpting.

Hi -

That was the easiest possible fix for the Kernel issue. You will need to look at your system drivers and try to update what you can. I know the engine is freezing but the cause is windows stopping the program from accessing a driver which is out of date. I would start by running Windows Update and see if any easy fixes are listed there.

Eric Ketchum

Hi,
Yesterday I’ve installed last beta drivers and now everything seems to work OK, no problems the whole day. Thank you for your help, my best regards Eric!