Composure not working in package game

My composure output is a render target2D,and then create a material by it.

I give this material to a plane, and it works well in editor, but failed after packaging.

Am I wrong in package setting? Or maybe composure can only run in editor, not in packaging game?

Appreciate any help.

Picture 1 : when play in editor

Picture 2 :when play in package game

Hey did you find a workaround with this?
I have the same problem :slight_smile:

I am sorry to tell you that I didn’t work out this problem.
However, I copied the code of “Chroma Key Material” which is in composure detail panel, and then pasted them in my custom material.
It worked in package game, but I don’t think it is the best way to resolve this problem.
So sad…

same problem :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have a simple Media Player and is receiving video feed from camera via HDMI, On Begin Play in the Level Blueprint I open the Media Player and play. If I create a plane and apply the material it works. The problem is that when I click play composure is not working in play mode but in the Preview com I can see that it’s working… Could you help me? I’m new to this and I need to go in play mode to get the data from vive tracker.
Here’s a quick video: - YouTube

Have you choose the correct output in the composure? Like render a 2D asset, add to viewport

assertion failed: !FUObjectThreadContext::Get().IsRoutingPostLoad [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/UObject/ScriptCore.cpp] [Line: 1755] Cannot call UnrealScript (MediaTextureCompositingInput /Composure/Blueprints/CompositingElements/BP_MediaPlateCompElement.Default__BP_MediaPlateCompElement_C:MediaTextureCompositingInput_0 - Function /Script/Composure.CompositingElementPass:Reset) while PostLoading objects Unhandled Exception: 0xf5b82d90 0x00007ff8d8fd9709 UnknownFunction []

this is error when run it in instants

Hi All,

This problem actually kept my head going for a few days but eventually found a workaround.

In my case this error kept appearing: Error: Couldn’t find file for package /Composure/Materials/Output/M_TextureCopy requested by async loading code. NameToLoad:

it seems that originally the M_TextureCopy is not used and therefore not getting cooked but in reality this texture is very much needed.

So to make sure it gets cooked i applied this texture on a cube somewhere in the scene and now my render target is not black anymore i hope it helps !

1 Like

Thank you @basknappers!

To build off of your solution, you can add the directory /Composure/Materials to Project Settings > Project > Packaging > Additional Asset Directories to Cook. This way, you don’t have to have a silly cube laying around.

Assuming this is a bug, so I did file a bug report. Kinda new to this though, so I’m not sure where it went after I submitted :sweat_smile:

1 Like